New Horizons for Seniors now accepting applications
Did you know that the total number of seniors in Canada is projected to reach approximately 10 million by 2036?
Seniors play a vital role in our society – and for all they have done and continue to do for us, I believe it’s imperative for Canadians to seek out every opportunity to empower, encourage, and enhance the lives of our cherished seniors.
For this reason, I encourage you to apply for the New Horizons for Seniors Program (NHSP) to receive funding for your seniors-focused project. The Program provides grants and contributions funding for projects that make a difference in the lives of seniors and in their communities.
Does your project seek to:
- promote volunteerism among seniors and other generations;
- engage seniors in the community through the mentoring of others;
- expand awareness of elder abuse, including financial abuse;
- support the social participation and inclusion of seniors; or
- provide capital assistance for new and existing community projects and programs for seniors?
If so, please consider applying for community-based grants or Pan-Canadian grants and contributions through the New Horizons for Seniors. The deadline to apply is June 21, 2019.
Click here to review the NHSP Backgrounder.
Click here to read my letter.